Monday, September 28, 2009

Night Owl


It's 2 am in the morning and it's raining pretty hard. I am inside my car listening to mp3 from my HP. This is the only possible entertainment in Papua as no radio signal is available here, making it worse for me is not getting any local music cassette to be listened in this kind of situation. The last tape cassette I found was Filipino's which I had no idea of those Bletak-bletak, ang-nang-yung sayings. That's about it in Tangguh.

I am a little bit lucky now to be given a car by my boss, maybe he was thinking how his man was very different now from the first time he came to Tangguh. That's right, I lose a lot of weight since working here. So my boss gave me this car special for me , hehe. I could not imagine if should go back to camp on foot in the middle of the night crossing those dark bush, it's so eerie right there alone.

Tonight is just like the nights before, I am still in the night shift at Tangguh, helping Pak Saiful's work on Acid Gas Incenerator, hik hik, Tomorrow 29 September should be my demob day as my job has finished completely, but my boss asked for extended period, only one week he said, to help Pak Saiful on Acid Gas Incenarator because no one is willing to go night shift. Only one week , I can get extra money though, haha , money is all I can think about in here.

Now in my mind, it's raining and so silent, I am wondering how I am totally in the middle of jungle project, never crossed my mind before I would work in the place like this. I imagined after finishing my college, I would work in the company near from where I stay. But now I am in the middle of nowhere, out of civilization, out of entertainment,,, However, from this place I can really make a lot of money, I can get field experience, I can buy anything I want.

I often say to myself, working in Tangguh is boring, only money is attractive, but I'm sure there will be the moment when I miss this place, certainly, haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Spacien  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial