Saturday, July 24, 2010

TB Simatupang Era



It's been a while since my last post. Just a few weeks ago I moved into my new office building at TB Simatupang, thus makes the era of JIND at Mampang is over, now begins a new era at TB simatupang. The building is not 10-story like what I said in my previous blog post, but it's 12-story building and Multifunction (sports) hall on the top.

Actually I was hoping that it would be cubicle, or any work space with wall separating one desk from another , only small would do, but I guess that's impossible considering Japanese work culture of my company that requires more sharing space among employees. Japanese people don't like cubicle because they can't have discussion any time they want on their chairs, my manager told me that once about Japanese style. Actually I am not asking too much here , it's just that sometimes I a little envy my friends working for the another EPC contractor companies and they have very nice cubicle work space that they can even plug headset and hear the music while working. That makes me a little wonder if I could do something like that in my new office building and I will make sure that I will do my work effectively and more importantly "with the least stress and frustration". That's just my wish haha.

The new building gives me more advantages such as faster travel time (around 10 minutes faster), more healthy environment (Sports Hall, futsal, badminton, basketball), better Air Conditioner, and many more things that I feel have put me at ease. The only disadvantage in here is food, I miss the diversity of food at Mampang, I miss Alfa Mart , I miss Ayam Penyet, I miss Majestik, I miss easiness to go to the ATM. hik hik :(

However new building also doesn't mean good thing for everyone. The new building has made several employees in my company lose their job, at least 2 OB and 13 security guys lost their job. Even though it is to cut overhead cost of the company by hiring MPS service how could they sack their employees just like that, these guys had been working for company for years. They are still human who have children, have school fee to pay, have house payment. I hate heartless Managers who don't do anything when their people are in trouble. I don't how they can live with themselves while the rest are suffering.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Spacien  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial