Sunday, June 5, 2011

Testing my luck


It's blogging time again :D
I finally have my own time to blog again, only this time I post blog in different part of the globe, that's right I am trying my luck in working overseas, being an expat at an Engineering Company in South Korea exactly

After all the hardships sending resumes all over the places, I finally manage to hook quite a big fish. I did hope to get a new job but I never thought I would be working overseas, I know that someday I will surely work overseas but not at this age. However I shouldn’t be so happy about that as my employment is only for one year and I have to prepare myself mentally for being unemployed if I don’t get employment extension

I remember it was my birthday when I had interview for this job, it could be the best birthday gift or the worst birthday gift ever, not to mention I had to make the decision and sign the contract at the same day. What a drastic change in my life with my birthday as the milestone

My first impression about this place is the change in weather. Moving from two-season country to four-season country is a new experience for me, a new place with a vastly different weather and climate. All I know the temperature will be hotter in the summer and extremely colder in the winter than that of Jakarta and when I arrived here it wasn’t very cold back then as it was almost in spring season already. I guess I can stand hot summer but I am not sure about winter how cold it is going to be.

Whenever I think about moving here again, the main reason I come here is simply about money and professional experience. I hope to gain new qualification and professional skill to enhance my CV by working here and to earn money while at the same time to travel the world and to improve communication and language skills. Of all things, the most comfortable place to work is still in my own country however the conditions are ever going to be. It rains gold in other country while it rains stone in own country , it’s still better in own country.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Spacien  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial